After looking at recent events in Peru, I began a search of some other places that I should kick off my planning list. I have working on some travel planning since I did very little the later part of 2022. currently, the US State Department has identified Burma, China, Iran, Venezuela, North Korea and Russia as do not travel location for US citizens. here just a few of the places around the world that carry the moniker of most dangerous..
- St. Louis, Missouri USA- This city has the highest crime rate in the US
- Port au Prince, Haiti – kidnapping, social unrest and violence sum up the dangers of this city.
- Bikini Atoll, Marshall Islands – Due to nuclear testing, these island are radioactive
- Death Valley, USA – This is one of the hottest place on earth where a record setting 134 degrees temperature was recorded.
- Mount Washington, USA – This is one of the most dangerous peaks due the winds and freezing temperatures
- Mount Everest, Nepal – This mountain has claimed the lives of 310 people.
- Snake Island, Brazil – This is the location of one of the ost venomous snakes in the world, the Golden Lancehead Vipers. There are 5 snakes per square meter.
- Tallinn, Estonia-The city is considered the most dangerous in Europe
- Acapulco, Mexico- This the most dangerous cities in North America.
- Yucatan Cenotes, Mexico-Thi si one of the most treacherous dives due to darkness, limited space, vegetation hindering movement, disorientation, lack of a clear idea of the final goal and duration of the dive, and, consequently, lack of oxygen.
- Fagradalsfjall, Iceland- This city os the home to Iceland’s volcano and lava fields which has cause burns and toxic gas poisoning.
- El Caminito Del Rey, Spain-These mountain trails are some of the most extreme in the world.
- Blue Hole, Egypt- This is a vertical underwater cave approximately 120 meters and has claimed approximately 150 divers int eh last 20 years.
I was surprised at how many places are considered dangerous. If you really want to try some of these spots, plese be careful. Do your research and understand what you are getting into. Sometimes there is just no turning back.